- The inside track on Taipei
As tensions mount between Taiwan and China, here`s the perspective from an expert in Taipei.
- Squid Game thrives on South Korea’s Frustrations
In the Netflix drama Squid Game, characters battle for their lives in a dysfunctional version of South Korea.
- Fumio Kishida is swimming with sharks
Prime Minister Fumio Kishida should take lessons from Shinzo Abe when it comes to defence policy.
- Japan, China and Russia
How does Japan balance the parallel risks post by Russia and China?
- South Korean courts vex Japan
The cycle of lawsuits against Japan from South Korea seems endless. We look at what drives it.
- China revels in US failure over Afghanistan
China’s foreign minister has berated the US over Afghanistan but the chaos is a threat to China’s national interests, too.